Something New for Elul

 

Dear JCCP/CBT family,

Today is Rosh Chodesh Elul, the beginning of the new Hebrew month of Elul, the month that immediately precedes the High Holidays.  

This year, the entire High Holiday experience will be different. The COVID-19 pandemic has challenged us in every area of our lives, and Jewish communal life is no exception. So even the way we prepare for the High Holidays must change as well.

So to help us get ready for the High Holidays, I’m going to do something different, something that I’ve never done before.  Throughout the month of Elul, I am going to send a short email to the congregation every day with a special High Holiday idea, message, or lesson. I plan to share things that I have written, as well as the wisdom of Rabbi’s and teachers representing the entire spectrum of Jewish life. Some will be deep and profound, and others will be humorous and entertaining. I want to offer inspiring teachings which have taught me so much about what this special time of the year is all about.  They will remind you that the High Holidays can change our lives.  
 
Though you are all inundated with more email than ever before, I hope that you will take a moment each day to read and reflect upon the High Holiday wisdom that I will send.  The time to prepare begins now.
 
L’shanah Tovah and Shabbat Shalom,

Rabbi Arthur Weiner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus Was Not A Palestinian

Jim Harbaugh Is No Hero

Farewell, Cantor Weiss